Connected


I'm finding it funny that I posted more blog entries when I was out of the country, without my computer, without a reliable internet connection, constantly moving from place to place, than here in the States with my mac and wireless at my beck and call. Well, not quite. I'm still moving from place to place; New York to Connecticut to Maine to Maryland; but I am writing less now with my computer slung at my side. My journal is getting more attention than this electronic note pad, but not nearly as much action as it was when I was by myself, sitting at a cafe sipping a lusciously dark coffee or picking at the remainder of a bowl of sticky rice and minty chicken laap. Now that I have people to talk to, my hand is no longer cramped and tired with writing page upon page of observations and reflections, rants and wonders. Now I have to remind myself to sit down, breathe in, write on when I wake up or simply when I'm feeling a bit agitated and can't explain my meandering thoughts. Alone, it was natural and I was calm.
It's funny that half way around the world I was more connected to you, and to me, than at home.
So my goal, as I see it, is to connect the two. Write more, connect more.
To me. To you.

Comments