Seven things I love about Portland today

1. Five ponies, brown, gray, and white, two laying on their hard plastic sides, lined up on the sidewalk two doors down.

2. The graffiti wall on a the Eastern Promenade trail where the artists do their thing and the cops don't seem to bother them. And the guys politely stepped out of the way for me as I huffed and puffed my way past the newly painted wall.

3. Running along the waterfront, all of the island house lights twinkling on as the sun set over the Back Bay.

4. The smell of malt and hops as I passed the Shipyard Brewery.

5. A small garden, still green and flowering, in the parking area of a wood shingled apartment building.

6. Silvery dark clouds dissecting the pale blue sky and orange tinged horizon.

7. From my house on the peninsula, I can choose to run north south east west and hit the water within 10 minutes.

Comments