Whole



The storm clouds cast shadows on deep blues and sullen whites.
The sun slips around them and touches the water with wispy streams of light. The confused tomato plant shakes and shivers with the reminder of winter dancing through its leaves. The horizon is misty gray behind soft outlines of palms and stern concrete buildings.
The sand is still.


I am in the last throes of what I have known.
I am preparing to shed this skin and become something new. My heart is heavy for this loss of self, loss of what I think I should be. My heart is alight with possibilities, with love, with all that could be filled in this space I am leaving. It is a death of complacency, a rebirth into magic and wildness.
I am ready for this journey.


I walk to my horizon.
The sun is descending fierce orange, lighting those storm clouds tender pink. I walk into the icy water, my body bracing against the cold until it fails to feel. I fall into waves and surrender…for a moment. Until I rise shivering and smiling at the sun that has set, at the sliver of moon which now shines the brightest behind this shadow of earth.
Strands of salty wet hair slither down my bare back and I am whole.

Comments