Swaddled



I swaddle myself in blankets of ocean, in a tightly knit fabric of trees and earth, in the solidly spun threads of community.  
I swaddle myself tightly to calm these flailing arms that keep grasping for shadows, reaching for comfort. 

I fight as the restrictions descend, fists to chest, heart beating against my thumbs. 
I wail and cry for freedom. 
I kick and squirm and chomp toothless jaws for perceived independence. 

Yet, has all that swimming through the nothing ever brought happiness? 
That feeling of falling through space- is that what I desire? 

So I swaddle myself tighter with words and rooms and smiles knowing I will feel comfort in the closeness like a seed in the soil. I will germinate and grow within this container of the Universe. 

The fabric holding me is nothing but spinning atoms and intention.
I am held by nothing.
And everything. 
I am soul and fabric and universe, all spinning and swaddled and comfortably infinite.   

Comments