What I did on my winter break in San Diego



OK, so I really don't have any job to "break" from, but being out in CA has felt like a vacation. Perhaps a bit too much as the increase in the number of freckles on my face is inversely proportional to the plummeting number in my bank account.


But I did have fun. Especially with my maritime safety class. While preparing for raging fires consuming metal and fiberglass and chemically treated wood and then envisioning flinging yourself into freezing shark infested waters isn't necessarily a morale booster before going to seek a yacht job, the training sure is fun.

Gumby suits and turnout gear. Liferafts in the pool and propane fires in concrete burn buildings. Nothing close to the real thing, but the closest I hope to ever be.


(Photo credit: John Hanson, fellow gumby)

Comments